The X-Ray Facility Will Open June 1, 2020
Users will be able to make reservations in NUcore. Contact the manager if you need training on a new instrument.
Users must follow the procedures below while in the facility to mitigate Corona Virus.
- Enter the facility through the south-west door only. Exit only through any of the other three doors.
- There is a maximum of 15 people allowed in the facility at any one time. Check the number of persons when you arrive. See manager if there are more than 15.
- Wash your hands upon entering, follow the sign to sink area.
- Wear a facemask while in the facility.
- Only 1 user is allowed at a sample prep area. There are now 9 designated sample prep areas around the lab.
- You are required to wipe the sample prep area down with the university supplied disinfectant when you have finished working.
- Do not spray disinfectant directly on equipment. Spray on to a paper towel and then wipe down surfaces.
- Wipe off instrument door handles and the computer table with disinfectant. Do not wipe down the keyboard or mouse as this may cause software issues.
- The disinfectant is located in a tray outside the manager’ s office. Return the bottles to the tray when finished. You can get disinfectant from ORS so, don’t walk-off with the bottle!
- Only 1 person is allowed at an instrument or the ICDD / Jade analysis computer.
- Wash your hands when leaving.